Examples of the advantages are:
- Improved component efficiency.
- Replacing metal components with plastics or composites reduces weight.
- Corrosion and chemical resistance.
- Equipment lifetime extended and reduced downtime by using longer lasting, maintenance-free materials.
- The materials we use comply with many common industry specifications such as ISO.
- Minimised noise emissions.
- Excellent cost to performance ratio.
- Reduced material friction and wear.
- Self-lubricating materials lower equipment maintenance costs.
- Environmentally friendly due to the reduction of external greasing needs.
- Valve plates, seals and seats
- Pump wear rings
- Piston rings
- Thrust washers
- Stem bushes
- Pipe spacers
- Bushings, rollers
- Wear strips, pads and guiders
- Rings and bushes for rotating movements
Electrically Insulating Plastics
Plastics are an essential material in the electrical and electronics industries, as they have excellent electrical properties ranging from fully insulating to electrically conductive.
Unmodified plastics have inherent electrical insulating properties. These plastics either have a high or complete resistance to the flow of electrical current.
High Temperature Resistance Plastics
Heat resistant plastics are used in traditional and high end industrial applications to improve durability and performance as they provide superior properties such as wear or low friction coefficient, chemical resistance and lower weight. By adding reinforcements, such as glass or carbon fibres to high performance thermoplastics, stiffness and heat distortion temperature can be improved. This is enabled due to lower thermal expansion rates that can get closer to values typical of some metal alloys.
Food and Beverage
The level of regulation required and the sensitivity of the environment requires materials developed for food contact are used in manufacturing components. Many of the materials we use have FDA and European Food contact approval and they reduce maintenance costs and increase productivity. We can provide details for the materials used in manufacturing components regarding chemical resistance data.
Industrial & Construction
Due to the extreme exposure to wear in this industry, the materials we use can often extend the time in use compared to metal and wood, reducing cost throughout the product lifecycle. In many cases a considerable benefit for the environment is achieved as greasing can be eliminated or reduced substantially.
Please click here to our materials pages for further information on individual materials.